A busy week meant no blogging for me – however it didn’t mean no cooking! My husband cooked a fair bit over the weekend, and he said he wants to blog about it instead of me – so you have that to look forward to.
For now – Peri-peri prawns with tomato kissed pototoes!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 kilogram queen or king sized prawns (in the shell or out works!)
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 2 tbs Paprika
- 1 tbs Red chilli powder or 1 Red chilli crushed
- 4 cloves (crushed) Garlic
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Clean the prawns, cutting the heads off but keeping the tail and shell. Ensure the prawn is devained and wash them thoroughly.
- Marinate the prawns in a small amount of the lemon juice, a teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- Cook the peri peri sauce by melting the butter in a small pot – once melted add the garlic, red chilli powder/chilli, rest of the paprika & lemon juice and salt to taste. Cook until it is thick and creamy.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil and add the clean marinated prawns - braise and cook quickly over heat. The prawns will change colour when cooked to a creamy pink tone and the tails tend to curl upwards.
- Once the prawns are cooked – pour the sauce over the prawn and mix in well.
For the Potatoes you need:
- Potatoes (as many or as little as you want – depending how hungry you are)
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- Olive Oil
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices (like french fries)
- Place them into a oven-friendly dish and drizzle with olive oil and add the garlic, rosemary and salt to taste - mix well
- Pierce a few cherry tomatoes and add these to the dish as well
- Place in the oven at 180C / 350F and allow to bake for about 20mins – turning the pototoes over at regular intervals
We had it with a nice green salad & a bottle of white wine (Mission Hill Chardonnay) – it was a sunny warm day in BC and it was a perfect meal – truly delicious! You can have the prawns with rice or normal french fries too – whatever takes your fancy. The whole meal took about 45mins to make (including all the prep work).