This one was all down to my delightful husband Such a brilliant idea and oh-so-very yummy!!! It is perfect for those who are always counting calories and trying not to eat carbs It’s also very delicious and easy to make!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash
- 1 pound of Minced Meat (chicken, lamb or beef – all of them will work – so it’s upto you! In the photos below we used beef, however have used chicken too)
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped/crushed
- A piece of Ginger, chopped/crushed (roughly 1 tbs)
- 1 green or red Chilli, chopped/crushed
- 2 Tomatoes, liquidized – or 1 small can of crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Madras Curry Paste (Pataks)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil/Cooking oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350. While the oven is heating, cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds and pulp.
- Once the oven is ready, place the 2 spaghetti squash halves into an oven try and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and once hot add the onions and cook until brown.
- Add the ginger/garlic/chilli and allow this to cook with the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the minced meat and cook this through thoroughly.
- Add the tomatoes and madras curry paste and mix well. The meat and tomatoes will give off water, keep cooking this until the water starts to evaporate.
- Ensure the meat is thoroughly cooked before serving.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven – and allow this to cool. Once cool, gently scrape the tines of a kitchen fork around the edge of the spaghetti squash to shred the pulp into strands. (Look here for more info on cooking spaghetti squash)
- Pour the minced meat over the spaghetti squash and there you have it
You can sprinkle some grated cheese over it if you like. We had it with our (still) favourite wine, Apothic Red. It’s healthy and really yummy – you can’t get any better than that