Sorry for being so quiet – we have been travelling around Canada and been extremely busy. We have actually done a fair bit of cooking, but unfortunately silly old me accidentally lost all the photos of the delicious food we made! (Yes – I could have posted without the photos, but it’s not really the same is it?) SO we started again
Last week for Veggie Tuesdays, my husband was craving falafels – something I have never ever made before, but I figured it couldn’t be that difficult. So after looking up a few things online – I got to it
Here’s what you need:
- 1 15-19 oz can Chickpeas, drained
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped/crushed
- 2 tbs All Purpose Flour
- 1 tps Coriander
- 1 tps Cumin
- 1/2 tps Baking Powder
- Drizzle olive oil evenly in shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350.
- While oven is preheating, mash chickpeas in food processor. Add onions and garlic and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients to make a thick paste-like consistency.
- Shape into ping pong size balls and place in preheated baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
We had the falafels stuffed in pita with salad (lettuce, cucumbers & tomatoes), with a yoghurt dip and chilli sauce.
For the yoghurt dip you need:
- 1/2 cup Plain Yoghurt (Greek Yoghurt would work too)
- 1/2 a Cucumber, grated
- handful Cilantro/Coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together Easy!
It turned out perfectly! Make sure you let the falafels cook through and get crispy and brown on the outside. It was truly scrumptious – definitely a meal that will be a regular for us on Tuesdays! Enjoy