Here’s what you need:
- Beef cut into strips (I used a steak & cut it up into strips)
- 1/2 an Onion (sliced)
- Sugar snap peas/Mange tout (as much or as little as you want!)
- Bok Choy (as much or as little as you want!)
- Big piece of ginger
- 4 Cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- Sesame seed oil
- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- First thing you want to do is prepare the ginger, garlic and chillis. Cut and peel the ginger and chop it up into big chunks. Take one of those big chunks, and cut the ginger into thin small slithers and put aside.
- Add the rest of the ginger, garlic cloves and red chilli to a blender and blend into a paste.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil and sesame seed oil in a big wok. Once hot, add the sliced onions and let them fry until they begin to turn slightly brown – then add the ginger, garlic & chilli paste and let cook for about 5minutes.
- Then add the beef strips and the slithers of ginger that you set aside.
- Add a teaspoon of chilli powder & salt to taste.
- Once the beef is nearly cooked – add the snap peas and bok choy.
- Lower the heat slightly and let the beef and vegetables cook together – mix well.
- Once thoroughly cooked – add a few sesame seeds and mix these in.
You could add a little bit of soy sauce if you wish, to add a bit of an Asian flare to it – but I thought it was good without.
Done We had it with rice and with a glass of one of our favourite bottles of wine (Two Hands Lucky Country Shiraz) – and it was truly delcious!!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2443690/just-married-amp-hungry?claim=xeakkw5mhad”>Follow my blog with bloglovin</a>